As humans we have this thing about us that likes to know what we're doing. We like to have this plan, we like to follow things in a certain order.. Well some of us do anyway. This idea of "this is how it should be done and this is how I will do it." We often think that we are in control, we are the hands controlling the steering wheel.. no one else. But on that one occasion it slips out of our hands, hell breaks loose. We often don't prepare ourselves for the "If's" and the "But's" we go straight into something with out thinking of the consequences. Regrets only begin when it never worked out or it didn't go the way we planned it. But at that time it's too late. You can't pick up spilled milk now can you?
This is what has me thinking soo much. Lately I've been asked about my future a great deal. People ask me as if I know what's going to happen, they ask me as if I have it all planned out.. if only they knew. Everyone has dreams, everyone has hopes and I'm not any different, but whether I will reach or achieve them is a whole different story. A story that no one knows the plot and twists to, apart from the All-Knowing. But one thing I do know is that it ends with me being returned to my Lord. That could be today or it could be tomorrow... I DO NOT KNOW. (I just pray that when that day comes Allah takes our life whilst in good). We plan and plan like we know what's going to happen. What if that career you want to go into becomes nothing more than a distraction from your Lord? What if that person you want to marry is nothing more than a disaster? What if all that money you want to make is nothing more than a Fitnah? We say we want this and we want that, but what we want is not always good for us and what we don't want could be what's best for us, Allah knows best. If only more people understood that.
We as individuals all want our lives to look a specific way and if it is good for us in this world and also in the next I pray that Allah makes it easy for us. But those times when Allah takes things away from us I just Pray that Allah gives us the strength to understand that that's what's best for us. Something that we often forget is that Allah doesn't do things without reason. He may take something to replace it with something better. He may test us to bring us closer to Him. But whatever happens is for the best; nothing more or nothing less.
To those people who think MM has it planned it out... please think again. I pray for certain things to happen but whether it will happen is something that is not in my hands. Please try to understand that.
Oh Allah! I pray You remind me that Your plans for me are better than what I dream them to be.
Ameen.
Beautifully written BarakAllahu feeki :)
ReplyDeleteMay Allah bless you
We should certainly place our trust in Allah alone and have faith In his wisdom behind His descion... it is always for our best ��
Asslamlaikim sister.just focus and work hard and leave social ,Edina for a bit and make sincere Dua and you will see how you will be able to finish uni work
ReplyDelete