السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

New posts every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. Subscribe to keep updated :)

Saturday, 28 March 2015

The expected unexpected....

I want to talk about my Niqab.
Since forever I would look at Niqabi's and envy them for their beauty. I would admire them and always say in my head "Inshallah one day." They have always been an inspiration, even to this day.  Although I wear my Niqab I still look at the others and admire their beauty. But why can't everyone think like that? I'm not saying all women should wear the Niqab. NOOO, this is a free choice, its what you feel comfortable with and at the end of the day most would see it as it being an act of Sunnah so its not Fardh.
But this is not my point. Yes I expected weird looks and constant stares from the non-Muslims, the ones that don't understand and I have to admit, it takes a while getting used to it. Until now I don't know how to react, when a huge man just stares with a dirty look on his face. It's scary. The media has done quite well in making us a target, I just pray that Allah strengthens the Iman of the Niqabi's and that He grants them great Sabr. 
But I don't want to talk about the ignorance of the Islamphobists. I want to talk about our Ummah. The part that I least expected. Never did I think there would be certain individuals that would downgrade the sisters who have the courage to do such an act especially in the West. We as a Ummah should know the reason behind a sister choosing to cover. There should only be one reason. This sister has decided to dress in a way of only pleasing Allah. That's it. On so many occasions I've had individuals in our Ummah making remarks or asking unnecessary questions. "Ohh your wearing the Niqab? You don't want to attract unnecessary attention, now do you?" or "you know what the media are saying, you don't want to be considered as a terrorist now do?" This is all coming from Muslim individuals. I'm not saying this is everyone,( Jazakallah Khair to those who have supported me on my decision from the beginning, May Allah reward you) but its not right. 
Yes we have become the target of the media, Yes we have been labelled as the enemy, but we need to prove to them that they are wrong. We need to show them the true meaning of being a Muslim. If we are putting our own sisters down, how are we ever going to be united? These sisters need encouraging not downgrading. In order to stand up against the oppression of society especially in the West we need to stick by each other. Just because a sister covers her face and a brother walks around with a long beard and his trousers rolled up does not make them an extremist. It does not automatically make them "religious" or a "so called Sheikh", you and me both know it does not work like that.
Instead of making sly remarks or backbiting about each other we can make D'ua for each other, we can motivate each other. We can help one another. Wallahi competing and envying each other is going to lead to nothing more than utter corruption. If we as a Ummah do not respect and love each other for the sake of Allah, how could we ever expect any different from the non-believers.   
At the end of the day we are all Muslim, we all bear witness that Allah is one, Don't put each other down. I know its not easy getting along with everyone. I understand that. But do it for the sake of the Almighty. Show them that we as an Ummah are better than this. 
We as Muslims don't seem to have a voice in the world, that's been made very clear. But I promise you if we all look pass our differences and disagreements  WE CAN GIVE ISLAM A VOICE. All it takes is, is becoming united. United for the sake of Islam. United for the sake of Allah.

وَاعْتَصِمُوا بِحَبْلِ اللَّهِ جَمِيعًا وَلَا تَفَرَّقُوا ۚ وَاذْكُرُوا نِعْمَتَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ إِذْ كُنْتُمْ أَعْدَاءً فَأَلَّفَ بَيْنَ قُلُوبِكُمْ فَأَصْبَحْتُمْ بِنِعْمَتِهِ إِخْوَانًا وَكُنْتُمْ عَلَىٰ شَفَا حُفْرَةٍ مِنَ النَّارِ فَأَنْقَذَكُمْ مِنْهَا ۗ كَذَٰلِكَ يُبَيِّنُ اللَّهُ لَكُمْ آيَاتِهِ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَهْتَدُونَ

And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. And remember the favor of Allah upon you - when you were enemies and He brought your hearts together and you became, by His favor, brothers. And you were on the edge of a pit of the Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah make clear to you His verses that you may be guided. 
(Al-Imran 3:103) 


2 comments:

  1. SubhanAllah uckti, your blog is wonderful! May Allah put barakah in your actions, and may Allah save you from the diseases of the heart <3 Allahuma ameen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ameeen, jazakallah khair ukhti may Allah bless you :)

    ReplyDelete